Why Visit A Community A Second Time?
The search for the perfect senior living community comes with plenty of different factors to consider. For many, it begins with finding the viable options in their desired area and gathering information. From there, going to actually see each community for yourself is a logical next step. But then what?
The case for taking a closer look
An initial visit to the communities on your list will surely produce a lot of valuable feedback. Those first impressions can help you narrow your list by giving you a clear picture of where you can see yourself living. However, this first tour may not have provided all the answers. In fact, it may have left you with a whole new set of things to think about.
This is where a follow-up visit can pay dividends. Touring a community a second time provides an opportunity to:
- Spend valuable one-on-one time with community leadership and gain their perspective on your most pressing questions
- Explore costs, savings and tax advantages in more detail
- Get a taste for what the community dining experience is like
- Meet residents and staff and ask them for their honest feedback
- Dive deeper into lifestyle opportunities like fitness classes, educational presentations or special live performances
- See model floor plans and available residences so you can begin to envision how your furniture will fit
Upon returning to the communities on your list for another — closer — look, be sure to ask these key questions before you leave.
- Are there multiple contract types available?
- Can I review the resident contract?
- What goes into determining a resident’s upfront cost and monthly fees?
- How is the financial health of the community?
- What residences are available now?
- Do you offer moving assistance?
- Are there any current pricing incentives?
At the end of the day, your senior living decision is an important one, and being careful in your assessment of what’s available is a critical part of feeling confident about your final choice.
Whether you have questions about our community specifically or about navigating the senior living search process in general, never hesitate to call us at 660-584-4416.